Monday, February 11, 2013

Hair-Gate.

I got a hair cut two weeks ago. I hadn't trimmed my mane since August and it was time. But like any other seemingly simple event in my life, it became complicated.

January 30. Wednesday.
After rehearsal that afternoon two male dancers, Jess, & I all booked hair appointments in the spa. We each went separately to get our hair cut that day and we all went to the same hairdresser.

So can you guess what happened? We all got bad haircuts. Fantastic. The South African hairdresser, who had just "graduated" from hair school, cut everyone's hair completely uneven and clearly didn't know what he was doing. My hair is extremely long and thick so a red flag popped up in my head when homeboy didn't even divide my hair up with those clips they use. I have amazing hair that looks like a blonde mix between a nautical mermaid and a lions mane. Basically, it's pretty hard to mess it up. Jessica's hair is long, gorgeous, and similar to Disney's American Indian Princess Pocahontas. After her hair appointment it looked like she'd asked Mekco, Pocahontas's raccoon friend, to cut it for her.

February 2. Saturday.
Don't worry, this story has a happy ending! The new spa manager fixed everyone's hair for free and did a fabulous job. My hair is shorter than I would have liked, but the cut is great and everyone is happy again. I was even so happy that I shamelessly took pictures of myself in the mirror. Humility is my middle name.







No comments:

Post a Comment